Series: Shattered Past #3
Published by Random House Publishing Group on May 19th 2015
Genres: Contemporary, Contemporary Women, Erotica, Fiction, New Adult, Romance
Favorite Lines from Once Pure
Thank you for inviting me to your blog and for featuring Once Pure. I think what makes Once Pure one of my most favorite novels is the emotion that captures the Sofia and Killian’s journey. Below is a list of some of my favorite lines in the novel to give readers an idea of what I mean, along with my comments for each.
- “Controlled chaos was the best way to describe the scene unraveling before me. And no one owned it like Killian O’Brien.”
Killian dominates the ring, and all aspects of his life, except for Sofia. She doesn’t know a first, but she alone is his greatest weakness.
- “Like what you see?” he asked, playfully.
Yes. Sofia does, and so will readers who love their alpha males big and strong, with souls that match their hearts.
- “You came back for me,” I repeated, barely managing to say the words. “You were my girl, Sofia. Even then. No way in hell was I going to let him hurt you…”
This is the turning point in Sofia and Killian’s relationship. It also revisits a difficult scene in Once Perfect.
- “I don’t want to be without us.”
The words are simple, but pack a heartbreaking punch. Not all relationships are perfect, especially when the truth finally reveals itself.
- “I pushed off from the doorframe and returned to my room, realizing that unlike me, Killian wouldn’t sleep alone tonight.”
Sofia knows women seek Killian. To see it firsthand, however, is more than she can handle.
- “You’ve got nothing to be sorry about, Sofi. There’s no shame in being afraid. Every woman out there has been afraid . . . even me,” she added quietly.”
This line is from Wren (Erin), Killian’s very tough, very Philly sister. I love her vulnerability here, and how it softens her tough persona.
- “The pretty little girl with the bouncy curls had grown into a beautiful woman I couldn’t tear my eyes from.”
This is a taste of Killian, and how he recognizes his feelings toward Sofia, his childhood friend who he never forgot.
- “She returned my smile. That was all it took for her to knock me on my ass. I was a fierce and dangerous MMA fighter. But I didn’t stand a chance against this little thing.”
Hmmm. Have I mentioned how Sofia is Killian’s greatest weakness?
- “She said the words she wasn’t supposed to say: “I love you, Killian.” God help me. She might as well have torn out my heart.”
It’s this moment between Sofia and Killian when the reader not only realizes the extent of Killian’s feelings, but also, that something powerful is holding him back.
- “She found out the hard way what kind of man I really was, and just like I couldn’t protect her, I couldn’t stop her pain…”
It’s hard not to comment without giving too much away. What I can do is warn you that this is one of the most heart-breaking moments I’ve ever had to write.
I know I’ve said a lot, without saying much at all. Yet my hope is that you’ll read Once Pure and be as touched by Sofia and Killian’s journey as much as I was.
Thank you for having me!
Rafflecopter Giveaway (Loveswept Mug, Flirt Mug and Select Ebook Bundle)
CECY ROBSON is the New Adult and Contemporary author of the Shattered Past series, and the award winning author of the Weird Girls Urban Fantasy Romance series. A self-proclaimed professional napper, Cecy counts among her talents a jaw-dropping knowledge of useless trivia, the ability to make her hair big, and a knack for breaking into song, despite her family’s vehement protests. A full-time writer, registered nurse, wife, and mother living in the South, Cecy enjoys spending time with her family and silencing the yappy characters in her head by telling their stories.