I LOVE LOVE historical romance and so I thought we should start this new feauture on the blog with this sub-genre of romance. Below are my favourite historical romance authors and books in no particular that I adore. In my opinion, these author have some of the best written books ever and anyone looking to start reading historical romance should start from here!!
- Lisa Kleypas: I love love her books, though she’s written in contemporaries as well, her historicals are my favourites . She has quite a few different series and standalones in historical romance which made picking my favourite difficult. BUTTT my favourite has to be Devil in Winter (The Wallflowers series #3).
- Tessa Dare: Her historicals always make me swoon and laugh. Her heroines and heroes are amazing!!! She also has a few series but I particularly partial to her first series Spindle Cove and my favourite book is A Week to be Wicked.
- Sarah MacLean: Another author who writes beautiful and makes you fall in love with every character and couple!! While I have several favourites and 5 stars books from this author, her first book that I read remains very special my heart. The first book in the Love by Numbers series; Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake.
- Elizabeth Hoyt: Her books have such a great mixture of plot and couples, her Maiden Lane Series has pirates, dukes, street urchins and a ninja ghost that helps make the streets safe for people. My favourite is Duke of Sin because the it has a anti-hero and brilliant heroine.
- Stephanie Laurens: It was love at first book with Stephanie Lauren’s Devils Bride for me, The Cynster series centring around the cynsters family is simply wonderful!
- Lorraine Heath: She writes the best scoundrels!! In Bed with the Devil from The
- Julie Garwood: A must read author, she writers regency, western and scottish historical romance and does an amazing job in all of them. My favourite regency from her is The Lion’s lady.
- Lenora Bell: This is a newer author that I fell in love with and since I adore books about Dukes and quirky heroines so these were just books made for me!! If I Only had a Duke from her Disgraceful Dukes Series is lovely.
Other historical books that I adore:
Beauty and the Beast by Eloisa James
Also going to quickly mention some Scottish Historical Romances that I LOVE:
The Hawk by Monica McCarty
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley
Kiss of the Highlander by karen Marie Moning (Scottish/paranormal)
Defiant by Pamela Clare