Series: Fortune's Island #2
Published by TKA Distribution on June 23, 2016
Pages: 171 pages
Buy on Amazon US, Buy on Amazon UK, Buy on Kobo, Buy on itunes, Buy on B&N
Six Reasons to Love Beach Romances
By Shirley Jump
Ever since I saw that super hot kiss scene in From Here to Eternity, I have loved beach romances. It helped that I grew up in Massachusetts, a half hour from the beach. I even purposely picked a college on the water just so I could be near the ocean every day. I now live in Florida, only 6 miles from the Gulf Coast, which makes my beach-loving self super happy. So when I went to write a new series, I wanted to set the books on an island, where beach living is easy and fun.
Fortune’s Island is modeled after Martha’s Vineyard, a place I have visited several times and totally loved. The island in Can’t Get Over You is a little less fancy than Martha’s Vineyard, and most of the action is centered around The Love Shack, a fun little bar right on the sand. If you haven’t read a beach romance yet, I thought I’d share six reasons to love them (and maybe you’ll start with Can’t Get Over You? 🙂
- It’s a Mini-Vacation: When I lived in Massachusetts and later Indiana, reading a beach romance let me feel, for a little while, like I was somewhere warm and sunny and with margaritas. It was a break from the cold and drear of winter, and a nice taste of summer.
- There’s no sand in your shoes: Living near the beach (and going there a few times a week) means I am continually cleaning sand out of everything—my clothes, my car, my shoes. I kinda like the idea of visiting the beach without the later cleanup!
- No SPF required: Here in Florida, we apply sunscreen just to get the mail, LOL. Reading a beach romance means you can stay inside, away from the UV rays, and still get your sunny-side fix.
- Beach romances are like summer romances on sterioids: Summer romances are those quick loves, hot for June-August, then over as soon as Labor Day arrives. With a beach romance, the love story can last all year. There’s also something about the beach that just amps up the hot factor.
- Speaking of hot: Beach romances feature plenty of shirtless heroes. Enough said.
- Beach romances mean beach weddings: Almost every single time I go to the beach, I see a beach wedding. Every time, they make me go awwww. They’re truly my favorite kind of wedding, because they’re romantic and relaxed (and for those of you who love beach weddings, there’s one in Can’t Get Over You).
Tell me, do you like beach romances? Are you a beach or mountains person? What’s your favorite beach romance?
Can’t Get Over You Teaser
a Rafflecopter giveaway